Thursday, May 24, 2012

jet lagged (a long post)

Day 3 and 4 have been the most difficult for us trying to adjust our bodies to the time change.  Here the sun comes up around 6ish and does not go down till about 10ish so lots of daylight.  The boys were staying up way to late and then sleeping in.  But alas last night we got them down around 7pm and Eli got up at about 7am and Caleb 8am.  This being the reason for the lack of posts.

Let me catch you up...

Tuesday the boys and I went to a friends house for a little social time.  They have been here serving for about two years, so we have spent lots of time picking their brains.

Eli, Caleb and I were able to see a French school where their kids attend.  We were able to walk there which is so nice to get some fresh air (and exercise).

a04dbfbaa58711e1a8761231381b4856_7
(Caleb was worn out)

Also on Tuesday we (quickly) drove to some ministry areas TEAM France is looking at before heading back to the Powell's (the one's I just mentioned) for dinner.  On our way to dinner we stopped to pick up some bread.  I waited in the car while Daniel ran in and ordered his first two baguettes BY HIMSELF :)  I felt it was only appropriate to snag a picture of him.

f51d2c64a59711e1b9f1123138140926_7

Yesterday we (plus Dana and the kiddos) loaded up and headed into Paris (the outskirts) to meet up with Ryan where they showed us around at a potential language school.  After our visit we headed to a park nearby where we actually grabbed the camera and snapped a few pictures.

IMG_1494

IMG_1459

IMG_1464

IMG_1461

IMG_1469

IMG_1482

IMG_1489

Today I needed a few little things from the grocery store that I had forgotten to get on our big trip, so we ventured out for the first time.  I was terribly nervous as we approached the check out line.  We inched closer and closer as I prayed silently "Lord see us through this".  Sure enough the lady spoke a little (very little) English and we were able to communicate.  Oh how I long to learn this language and share the Good News.  I know it takes time, but my heart is eager.

Here's a picture after our successful trip.

e0b78d46a59711e1b9f1123138140926_7

One random tidbit...If you know me at all, you know my love for peanut butter :)  I can eat it by the spoonfuls.  I was told if we wanted it while we spend our summer here in France, then we need to bring it.  Well we were limited in what we could bring and the peanut butter couldn't come :(.  BUT today we actually found Skippy (even though I am a natural Jiff girl). Now I know why they say to bring your own.  You see how tiny these jars are? $8.00 (US) a jar!...WHOA.  Daniel asked that the boys and I take it slow with these as they are real treats now.

4629bf5aa59811e19dc71231380fe523_7

Daniel has Fridays and Saturdays free in which we will be taking time to learn the country/culture.

Also, Daniel will be preaching June 10th so please be praying for him as he prepares in the weeks to come.

Tonight Daniel is attending a prayer meeting and sharing his testimony.

We are so very thankful for this opportunity and your support.  More blogging to come...

Mae (and for the boys)

PS You know I can't end a blog every once in a while without some shots of the boys.  These are for the grandparents (and those others) who need their fix =D

IMG_1551

IMG_1522

IMG_1569

IMG_1511

1 comment:

  1. So excited for y'all, Magen! Miss y'all bunches! These updates are great and I love all the pictures! Praying for and thinking of y'all often!

    ReplyDelete