Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Teaching English to the French

IMG_3707

Hey Y'all!

The boys are both napping so I am taking advantage to update this here blog for you, our supporters.  First, let me apologize for not getting to this sooner.  We have been on the go (more to come on that!) and there are these two little boys that take up much of my attention these days :).  So in saying that please forgive me for this long overdue post.  Secondly, I don't want to go any further with out stopping and personally thanking each of you for your continued prayers and support of our family as we are following God's call on our lives.  We could not do this without you.  We can feel your prayers!

Alright on to the updating.

As some of you may know, sharing the Gospel with French people is not so easy. What I mean by this is they are pretty closed off and not as receptive as other areas in the world.  In saying that,  those sharing Christ here have explored different ways to get a French person to open up.

One of these ways is by offering English lessons.  I had the privilege of going with Barbara (Bill and her were the one's who first shared the need for the Gospel here in France with Daniel and I over 4 years ago) to two of the meetings with a group of French people who were eager to learn English.  Oh what a joy!  As you know me I love to talk...shocker!  It has been a little bit of a battle as my desire to talk with others has been limited since I don't know French yet, but this has afforded me the opportunity to talk with a French person.  Teaching these classes can potentially open up to an opportunity for one to share Christ.  Baby steps though.  Planting seeds.

Yesterday Daniel also had an opportunity to go to one of these classes and came back on fire too.  It is just such a joy to see these French people EAGER to talk with you!

And to piggy back on these classes...I am teaching English for a two week course starting next week!  Typically what happens is the missionaries here offer this two week course in the summer to the French.  Handing out pieces of paper wherever they might be (grocery store, gas station, mall etc.).  They have a group from the states come and teach these classes.  Once the two weeks are up, some (if not more than some) of the French students want more weekly meetings, which opens up an opportunity for a missionary here to offer classes and build relationships on a weekly basis.

Pray for the team that is coming in.  I am really looking forward to teaching alongside brothers and sisters in Christ.

Pray the Gospel would penetrate this hard country.  Pray for the laborers.

Like cold water to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.  Proverbs 25:25


Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment